Monday, June 10, 2013

Royal Icing Daisies Cake

I did this cake while I was still in classes for cake decorating.  I had just learned to make those daisies out of royal icing.  It has basic techniques like reverse shell and ruffle borders.  To show how early on this cake was, that writing wasn't even my own.  My mom was taking the classes with me and she wrote on all my early cakes.  It took me a long time to write on cakes myself because I am left handed and it just proved to be a technique that I had a lot of trouble doing.  I used to sit with a tv tray and wax paper and just write for hours in front of the tv to practice.  She probably wrote for me at least a year before I became confident enough to write on them myself.



For some reason, I have always really liked this cake.  I wish people would order cakes like this more often.  Its clean and simple.

No comments: