Friday, June 7, 2013

Lt. Governor Cake

I was asked a couple years ago to do a cake for someone running for Lt. Governor of Louisiana.  I'm not big on politics but I thought this cake would be great for exposure.  I was new to fondant...and you can tell by some big fondant blunders on the cake.  I was also very new to making gumpaste flowers.  I spent 2 days trying to make gumpaste magnolias, then picked them up to put on the cake and they fell apart.  Nothing that a quick trip to Hobby Lobby couldn't fix with silk but I was really disappointed that I didn't have gumpaste flowers on the cake. Live and Learn...its not like they were paying for it.

All three cakes were fondant covered.  The Louisiana flag was blue fondant and a screen print.  I have a printer dedicated to edible printing.  This cake is one of the few times I've been able to use that thing.




No comments: