Sunday, June 16, 2013

LSU Tigers cake

I may end up doing a tutorial on this cake.  It could be done for any sports team and it looks really neat in person. 

The cake is iced in buttercream but I textured fondant panels and painted them to look like tiger fur before putting each panel on the cake.  Its a really great technique that I came up with one day.  This cake was for a friend.  You can't sell anything that says LSU or Geaux Tigers because those words are copyrighted.  I think its pretty unfair but thats the way the world is.  The top is airbrushed purple and then everything else is piped buttercream.




Those little footballs are candy footballs I bought from Oriental Trading.  They came in a pack of about a hundred individually wrapped footballs, soccer balls and baseballs.


No comments: