Friday, May 3, 2013

Whole Wheat Bread

I absolutely love bread making and have been making all our own breads, rolls, hamburger buns, and hotdog buns for a while now.  I have a bread machine that but I do not use it to bake the breads.  I prefer to shape my own dough and form it myself.  It's incredibly cheap to bake the bread instead of buying it from the store. We've saved a lot of money doing this way.  I can also freeze extra hot dog buns and hamburger buns since the recipes make so many.  I take a few out the day of and keep the rest frozen.

My husband likes whole wheat bread everyday for his sandwiches.  I make this bread once every couple weeks.  The recipes makes 2 loaves and we freeze one to use after the first is gone.  Homemade bread doesn't seem to last quite as long as store bought breads but that's ok.  If for some reason we don't finish it off, the extra goes to the compost pile. 




I get about 18 slices from each loaf.

No comments: